Last Month, Tastiest Month With Warrior 20 Appetizers!
Happy December Warriors!
Here we go folks. The holidays are upon us and besides the wonderful opportunities to enjoy family and friends, there are fitness pitfalls that may put your healthy priorities on the back burner. We've all been there!
One of the biggest culprits – holiday parties. With the plethora of carbohydrate and sugar loaded dishes and treats that seem to be commonplace, how can we combat these temptations? By creating your own delicious Warrior 20 appetizers that will have everyone begging for you to be at the top of their guest list!
Check out a few of our favorites:
1. Paleo Chicken Skillet Nachos with Avocado Sauce -- A fabulous holiday gift from South of the Border. Doesn't this picture make you want to jump right through your screen?!
2. Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers with Caper Yogurt – You can’t beat a recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and tastes so fresh. This appetizer will make your holiday healthy and your guests happy.
3. Bacon Spinach Dip with Steamed Artichokes – Even those guests who don’t dig vegetables will be diving in with gusto. We love everything about this treat especially the bacon!
4. Sautéed Kale with Stuffed Mushrooms – These bite-size treats carry a super food power punch. Mushrooms are the only fruit or vegetable that contain Vitamin D and kale is packed with loads of vitamins and fiber. Vegans can sub beans for the beef.
5. Sweet Potato Rounds – Careful, these rounds are so delicious that your friends might be fighting to get the last one. Top them with your favorite ingredients and make sure to cook up an extra batch!
7. Organic Roasted Cauliflower Poppers – Speaking of poppers, here’s another popper-fabulous recipe that will delight the hearts of any cauliflower lover – and even those of non-fans. Not only is this dish simple, it’s loaded with vitamins, micronutrients, and every warrior’s best friend, protein.
9. Sweet and Savory Spiced Nuts – Not only are they some of the best food to eat to fight inflammation, these nuts can do double duty as an appetizer and hostess gift. You’ll want to make extra so you can snack on them throughout the day!
With all these choices, you are sure to beat back poor eating choices and keep your body on the right track throughout the holidays and beyond. Need more inspiration and helpful advice? Visit our Facebook page to find resources that will help you strengthen the WARRIOR WITHIN!
Happy Holidays from Training for Warriors South Metro!